Lottery fever is sweeping across the Yard State– and across the rest of the nation– today as the hours tick closer to Saturday evening’s substantial Powerball illustration.
Exactly what’s all the difficulty about?
For seven weeks in a row, no lotto players in any of the 43 states participating in this game has matched all 6 winning numbers. If ticket sales maintain their quick speed, the prize might increase past $600 million, securing its area as the greatest Powerball prize in the history of the multistate game and the second biggest lottery pot in U.S. history.
To put this in standpoint, right here’s a review the top prizes ever succeeded in America, and where Saturday’s projected pot fits in:
- $656 million– Mega Millions jackpot on March 30, 2012; 3 succeeding tickets (Illinois, Kansas and Maryland).
- $600 million– The projected Powerball reward for Saturday, May 18, 2013. (The numbers will be drawn at 11 p.m., and the results will be published below on NJ.com).
- $587.5 million– Powerball reward on Nov. 28, 2012; two succeeding tickets (Arizona and Missouri).
- $390 million– Mega Millions jackpot on March 6, 2007; 2 succeeding tickets (Georgia and New Jersey).
- $380 million– Mega Millions jackpot on Jan. 4, 2011; two winning tickets (Idaho and Washington state).
- $365 million– Powerball jackpot on Feb. 18, 2006; one succeeding ticket (Nebraska).
- $363 million– Big Game (the lotto game that later on became Mega Millions) reward on May 9, 2000; two succeeding tickets (Illinois and Michigan).
- $340 million– Powerball reward on Oct. 19, 2005; one winning ticket (Oregon).
- $338.3 million– Powerball prize on March 23, 2013; one winning ticket (Passaic, N.J.).
- $337 million– Powerball prize on Aug. 15, 2012; one succeeding ticket (Michigan).
- $336.4 million– Powerball pot on Feb. 11, 2012; one winning ticket (Rhode Island).
- $333 million– Mega Millions jackpot on Aug. 28, 2009, 2 winning tickets (California and New York).
- $331 million The Big Game reward on April 16, 2002; 3 succeeding tickets (Georgia, Illinois and New Jersey).
- $330 million Mega Millions jackpot on Aug. 31, 2007; 4 succeeding tickets: (New Jersey, Maryland, Texas and Virginia).
- $319 million Mega Millions jackpot on March 25, 2011; one winning ticket (New York).
$100 No Deposit Bonus! NDBGPC — Your Personal Bonus Code!
… jackpot soared to $300 million this week. “I play every week so I’m just playing for luck really. Whatever comes through, comes through,” said Ben Jordan. Jordan has a plan to win. He never sways from the same numbers.
The second-largest jackpot of $587 million was split by two players — one from Arizona and one from Missouri — in November 2012. In order to win the jackpot, the winner has to draw six numbers that match all six numbers …
Rio Rancho couple win $7.6 million Hot Lotto jackpotABQ JournalA “lovely, very practical, very laid-back” Rio Rancho couple claimed a $7.6 million Hot Lotto jackpot from the New Mexico Lottery on Tuesday. Doug and Roberta Barnard beat odds of 1 in 29 …
After playing for 5 minutes, my wife wins the progressive jackpot on the featured 77777 slot machine at Hollywood Casino in Perryville, MD.
Just hit the drop bonus balls spot, which was at 11 balls. I caught most of it on video. Enjoy!